Some of life’s biggest moments are spent with a nurse—from when we are born to when we pass away as well as the many ups and downs in between. Nurses Day and Nurses Week provide the perfect opportunities to celebrate the nurses who care for us, our friends and our families. They have an important job to do, and it is our duty to thank them every year.
Here at Hallmark Business Connections, we create custom greeting cards, including an excellent collection of specific Nurses Week greeting cards that will help hospital systems, medical offices and other organizations celebrate nursing staff on this important holiday.
We also happen to be experts in what to write in Nurses Week cards. For a quick list of some thought starters, keep reading.
A Brief History Lesson: Nurses Week
First, a quick history lesson. In 1982, a congressional resolution designated May 6 as National Recognition Day for Nurses. A few years later, in 1990, the American Nurse Association expanded the recognition to create National Nurses Week, which takes place May 6–12.
Nurses as Employees
Although the holiday is over 35 years old, we still have a hard time putting into words just how much nurses mean to us. And for those who work in the health industry, nurses aren’t just people we run into every so often; they’re the people we work with every single day.
Nurses Cards: What to Write in Them
In honor of Nurses Week, show gratitude to those who take time to make sure we, and the people we love, are comfortable. They spend countless hours caring for us. Now, it’s your turn to show you care for them with one of these simple messages inside your nurses cards:
1. “Your passion for our patients’ health is appreciated every day. Thank you for all you do.”
2. “Your compassion, optimism and kindness do not go unnoticed. We appreciate you!”
3. “Because of you, we live in a happier, healthier world. Happy Nurses Week.”
4. “Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”
5. “Just a moment to recognize you and your hard work. Happy Nurses Week!”
6. “You go above and beyond to make our patients comfortable. Thank you.”
7. “You are a valued member of our team. Thank you for being the amazing nurse you are!”
8. “You brighten peoples’ days—including ours. Happy Nurses Week!”
9. “Our patients love you and the hard work you do does not go unnoticed. Thank you for everything. Happy Nurses Week!”
10. “Thank you for being an amazing nurse. Our team appreciates all that you do. Happy Nurses Week!”
Doing More for Nurses
Thanking nurses on your staff is easy with a Hallmark card. Browse our Nurses Week cards, employee appreciation cards and thank you cards to send all of your nurses an expression of your appreciation during Nurses Week and throughout the year. Or, get in touch with our experts to get your own custom greeting card for your nursing staff.
Plus, for a limited time, we’re offering 20% off* our Nurses Week cards. Simply use code NURSESBLOG2020 at checkout.
*20% off Nurses Week Cards: Offer is valid through 12/31/20 midnight CT on Nurses Day cards only. Discounts do not apply to personalization charges, envelope upgrades (Peel & Stick, designed, etc.), note cards and already-discounted cards. Promotions/discounts are not transferable to affiliated websites and are calculated on the total before taxes and postage. Cannot be combined with any other promotion or applied to past purchases. Free ground shipping with online account (contiguous U.S.).