Some of life’s biggest moments are spent with a nurse—from the time we are born to the time our lives pass and the many ups and downs in between. Nurses Day and Nurses Week is an important time to celebrate the nurses who care for us, our friends and our families. They have an important job to do, and it is our duty to thank them every year. As experts in business greeting cards, Hallmark Business Connections has nurses cards and tips for what to write in them to honor Nurses Week.
A Brief History Lesson: Nurses Week
First, a quick history lesson. In 1982, a congressional resolution designated May 6 as National Recognition Day for Nurses. A few years later, in 1990, the American Nurse Association expanded the recognition of National Nurses Week to take place May 6–12.
Nurses as Employees
Although the holiday is over 35 years old, we still have a hard time putting into words just how much nurses mean to us. And for those who work in the health industry, nurses aren’t just people we run into every so often; they’re the people we work with every single day.
Nurses Cards: What to Write in Them
In honor of Nurses Week, it’s time to show gratitude to those who take time to make sure we, and the people we love, are comfortable. They spend tireless hours caring for us. Take two minutes to show you care for them with one of these simple messages inside your nurses cards:
1. “Your passion for our patients’ health is appreciated every day. Thank you for all you do.”
2. “Your compassion, optimism and kindness do not go unnoticed. We appreciate you!”
3. “Because of you, we live in a happier, healthier world. Happy Nurses Week.”
4. “Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”
5. “Just a moment to recognize you and your hard work. Happy Nurses Week!”
6. “You go above and beyond to make our patients comfortable. Thank you.”
7. “You are a valued member of our team. Thank you for being the amazing nurse you are!”
8. “You brighten peoples’ days—including ours. Happy Nurses Week!”
9. “Our patients love you and the hard work you do does not go unnoticed. Thank you for everything. Happy Nurses Week!”
10. “Thank you for being an amazing nurse. Our team appreciates all that you do. Happy Nurses Week!”